Laurel Springs Baptist Church was established April 20, 1894 on open farmland donated by E. Z. Collings. Shortly thereafter the first church building was erected. Ten years later Mr. Collings’ barn was added as an annex to establish a Sunday School wing. The church experienced continued growth which necessitated renovation projects in 1972 and 1992. The church started with eleven men and women and continues to faithfully serve the town of Laurel Springs nearly 130 years later.